Sunday, November 28, 2010

Wolfpack Lose; Make Me look Stupid.

So I'll be honest; my prediction yesterday that the Wolfpack would win handily was an understatement of what I truly believed.  I had no faith in the Terps, and thought that the Wolfpack would pass all over them and run up the score on their way to the Atlantic Division title. Our play calling is where I will be placing the blame for this one.  We made some mental errors as well, and yes the officiating was horrible, but NC State never deserved to win this game after the 1st quarter.  It was a route, and the score is way too close for how the game was played.  Torrey Smith is a monster, and I truly hope he is a Redskin next year.  He's a playmaker with Special Teams capabilities.  Over 200 yards receiving and 4 TDs.  You would think that Mike Archer, DC for NC State, would have found him on the field each and every down and put 2 men on him.  Maybe not, perhaps I'm stupid for wanting to shut down their best player and make them beat us with the other 10 men on the field. 
I specifically remember before the last touchdown pass to Smith saying (outloud to my dad), "Here comes another TD for Smith.  He's single covered on the far side of the field with no safety help."  It happened just as I knew it would, to which I thought: "If I can see that coming, shouldn't a Division I coach be able to?".

Oh well, on to the Meineke Car Care Bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment