Saturday, November 27, 2010

Big Day for Wolfpack


Today is the day that all Wolfpack fans have been looking forward to since the victory over UNC last Saturday.  Win and they're in.  It's that simple.  But as any NC State fan knows, it is never that easy.  Being a die hard fan as I am, I've been thinking of different scenarios all week how State could find a way to lose.  Maryland is no slouch, but they're definitely a team that the Wolfpack should beat.  It will come down to which team can get the key stops, as both teams have great offenses.
As I sit here writing this, I am watching College GameDay and Kirk Herbstreit just picked Maryland to win, and even though I think he's only doing it because he picked Florida State to win the division, I can partially agree with his reasoning about NC State feeling the pressure. 
In order for NC State to win there will be two players that will have to play great games.  The first is Russell WIlson. He needs to play mistake-free football and limit the posessions for the Terps.  If Russell can use his legs when he needs to and not throw more than 1 pick I think our offense will have done its job.  On the other side of the football, we need All-World LB Nate Irving to step up and play like we all know he can.  If he can have a game like he did against Wake Forest, there's no way that Maryland can control the clock or the scoreboard. 

Prediction: 35-24; NC State (Like I'd really pick the Terps)

No comments:

Post a Comment