Sunday, December 12, 2010

ACC Bowl Predictions


Discover Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. Stanford

This one will be a great game that I personally cannot wait to watch.  I think it will be a close game with the defense of Stanford making a surprise impact.  This one will come down to turnovers, and how Tyrod Taylor plays.  I am pulling for the Hokies (as I'll be pulling for every ACC team in the bowls), but I see Stanford winning it with a late Andrew Luck drive that solidifies his spot as the #1 draft pick. 

28-27 Stanford



Chick-Fil-A Bowl: Florida State vs. South Carolina

I can't honestly say I think this one will be a close one.  Florida State has been so up and down all year, while South Carolina seems to be on the up and up (if you forget about games against Auburn).  I think Lattimore runs all over FSU and the Gamecocks run away with this one by the end of the 3rd quarter.

31-17 South Carolina


Hyundai Sun Bowl: Miami vs. Notre Dame

Miami's offense was supposed to be the pride of the ACC, and they had aspirations of a national title behind the arm and legs of Jacory Harris.  That dream is obviously gone, but they will still get their bowl victory over a depleted Notre Dame team.  I don't see the Irish offense operating very well behind Rees.  Still, it will remain a close one because Miami doesn't have the firepower to put any team out of it.

24-21 Miami



Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl: Boston College vs. Nevada

I have absolutely no delusions of grandeur for the Eagles in this one.  Nevada will blow them out from the kickoff.  Colin Kaepernick is a very underrated quarterback and he'll make his name known in this one.  He'll throw for 2 touchdowns and run for 2 more.

35-13 Nevada


Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl: North Carolina vs. Tennessee

UNC has played very well all season with a roster that should not have been any better than 5-7.  Butch Davis, despite questionable methods, is a great coach and has his team ready to come in and take out an SEC team that recently bailed on a home/home series.  He'll make sure they know Tennessee knows they would have lost those games as well.  TJ Yates will cap off his career at Carolina with a big win, and a big game.

27-21 UNC (Yea, that's right Dustin. I picked UNC)


Champs Sports Bowl: NC State vs. West Virginia

I think the best part of this game for NC State is that they're not ranked.  It seems that if they are expected to do well, they don't.  However, if they're on the cusp of being recognized they crave the attention, and that is where I see them right now.  Nate Irving is looking to leave his mark on NC State and end his career with a bowl win.  Russell Wilson may be playing his last game in a Wolfpack uniform, and if he had not been injured in the PapaJohns.com bowl 2 years ago, they would have won that one.  He steps up in big games and I see that being the case here.  I will however, say that it will be extremely close with West Virginia having an impressive season in the other "little league" conference in the BCS.  I'll be looking for a shootout with Noel Devine having a few big plays.  And anyone who knows me, knows I'm picking the Pack!

31-28 NC State


Advocare V100 Independence Bowl: Georgia Tech vs. Army

This game will end in approximately 1 hour 27 minutes with both teams running the ball 89 times.  I see it being a low scoring venture with Georgia Tech's defense coming out on top. Pretty simple game here, with similar styles and coaches who know how to defend it as well.

17-13 Georgia Tech


Military Bowl Presented By Northrop Grumman: Maryland vs. East Carolina

Maryland went off on NC State to end their season and are mad as fire that they dropped all the way to the Military Bowl.  The Terps attendance is that reason, as they don't bring much money to the bowl they'll be attending.  I see them doing their best to blow out ECU, but the Pirates have a dynamic offense as well.  This will be an exciting one to watch, but I see the young O'brien throwing a late pick that ends the season for Maryland.

30-24 ECU


Meineke Car Care Bowl: Clemson vs. South Florida

Another ACC vs. Big East showdown.  I see the ACC coming out on top in both of these games, and Clemson will do it in slightly more impressive fashion.  They've been underrated and disrespected all season. Defense will be the name of this game, and I see a defensive touchdown winning it for the Tigers.

24-14 Clemson

So if I'm correct, which I rarely am, the ACC will go 5-4 in their bowl games and earn just a hair more respect nationally.  The best thing that can happen for them is if VT can win the BCS bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment